Tuesday, December 7, 2010

First Post

Hello Gentle Readers!!

I know this blog gets going about a month too late, and I have a lot to catch you up on. For that reason, I hope to be able to adequately describe the first month and a half quickly, and then get to current time.

With this blog, I hope to post twice a week. Every day seems to be too much- both mentally and time-wise. Hopefully, twice a week packs enough information without overburdening you or me.

My old blog, The Ferrara Adventure is now at this location http://theferraraadventure.blogspot.com if you fancy some old reading material or something.

Right now, I am writing this on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor. I know that gives most of us a little pause, because let's face it, it was the 9/11 of the 1940's (regardless of whether you think either was staged for any reason). Hopefully Obama gives a good speech and isn't too quick to use his normal bland cliches or puerile hyperboles. Just sayin'.

Although Advent isn't huge in the US, here it is a big deal. We have Advent calendars, and wreaths with 4 candles (one for each week), and candles for every day. It's crazy. For Americans, I think it is just Christmas. As if it all starts on Black Friday. But for Europeans, it seems to be about the Coming, as if the waiting makes it so much more enjoyable. Or who knows. Maybe this is all just BS coming from a tired thinker. Anyway, it's definitely winter and definitely Advent. You couldn't throw a brick and find a window that doesn't have a star hanging in it. Seriously.

Oh, and one more thing, maintenance wise: I will be using different names for all the people described here. So I will give fake names so the events related can have a touch of anonymity. Trust me, I learned this the hard way last time.

Gute Nacht

3 comments: