Friday, January 28, 2011

Funny Conversations

This conversations happened this week and they were pretty noteworthy.

Convo #1

Oldest: I drew your favorite player.
Me: No, that's your favorite player. Mine is black. (Tony Gwynn, gentle readers.)
Oldest: I thought so.
Me : You did?! Why?
Oldest: Because it is so sunny where you live.

hahahahaha!

Convo #2

3rd: ... and when I'm good, I will go to Heaven. *flap flap* [he waves his arms like wings] But you won't go.
Me: Why?
3rd: Because you belong to the wrong church.
Me: Oh , really?
3rd: Yeah. but everyone thinks they belong to the right church, but it's wrong. Wrong church, wrong, wrong, wrong.

hahahahaha!

So one kid thinks the sun makes people black (do you explain evolution to an 11 year old?) and the other proselytized me.... just great! Kids are so funny.

1 comment:

  1. These are funny. I can just imagine the flapping arms! Yes, that seems to be a down-side of some (OK many) religions -- they think they and they ONLY have the direct route to heaven. I heard that first during my United Methodist confirmation classes, and I heard it one time at a Catholic mass -- both in Ida...

    And then the really ironic thing is that within many religions (e.g., Episcopal, Lutheran) are many of the most intense feelings of 'they are doing it wrong...'


    Meems

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete